I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 14, 2013

Parades

Me - Parades, wow! I like Parades. This year I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Tournament of Roses Parade.  My favorite part of parades are the floats. I don't really care for the marching bands that much. Frankly, I think they are just kind of loud. Some of them are good though. I liked the Macy's Parade a little better. I like how they have somebody singing on every float. I like that it is usually a famous person singing and not just some nobody. I love the floats in the Tournament of Roses. It is amazing that they make everything out of flowers. It is so beautiful. When I was younger, I was in a Parade. I marched with my Brownie Troop in our local Memorial Day parade. I don't really remember that much about it though because it was a long time ago. I really like parades. I wish could I go to one of the famous ones live that would be really cool!

Mom - I like watching parades. I especially like the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and the Tournament of Roses Parade. My favorite part of parades is the floats. I don't like that in the Thanksgiving parade now every float has to have somebody singing on it. You only hear them singing if you watch the parade on NBC though. NBC has the best coverage. The other channels spend too much time interviewing people and not enough time actually showing the parade. I love that everything on the Tournament of Roses Parade floats is made out of flowers.  They are incredibly creative and really beautiful. I was once in a parade myself. It was for the 200th anniversary of the town where my father had his business. It wasn't a very exciting parade. There were no floats or anything. We walked around with a banner promoting my Dad's business and threw candy to the crowd. It was kind of fun being in a parade though. Melia was also in a parade once. She was in our town's Memorial Day Parade with her Brownie Troop.

And that's our view. What is your favorite parade?

Tune in