I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Skating

Me- Skating, wow! I like watching skating. I had always wanted to ice skate. My Dad promised me that one day he would take me. He finally did, and it was a lot of fun. I skated with my sister and my Mom's friend. My Dad doesn't really like to skate that much, and my Mom had a bad back. She wants to skate with me next time though. One of my favorite figure skaters is Sasha Cohen. I also love Kristi Yamaguchi. I liked watching her on Dancing With the Stars too. I knew from the first episode she was going to win. That was the only season I was so sure of the winner. I also like Ekaterina Gordeeva. I have always loved her daughters Daria and Elizaveta. I always love every year when Kristi Yamaguchi has the special where the skaters skate with their kids. That is where I always see Daria and Elizaveta. I also like roller blading. I can't wait to go ice skating or roller blading again!

Mom - I love to watch figure skating. I like to go ice skating too. I have only been a few times in my life, but it was one of the few sports I actually enjoyed participating in. My favorite skaters to watch ever have been Michelle Kwan, Brian Boitano, and Ekaterina Gordeeva and Sergei Grinkov. There is something so special about these skaters that they really seem to be a level above any other skaters I have ever seen even other champion skaters. Ekaterina Gordeva and Sergei were so beautiful together. I am glad she became a singles skater after he died, and she didn't skate with another partner. It wouldn't be the same. Other skaters I really like include Kristi Yamaguchi and Scott Hamilton. The season when Kristi won on Dancing With the Stars is my favorite ever. She so deserved to win. Scott has the greatest personality. I cannot imagine the skating world without him in it. Current skaters I really like are Meryl Davis and Charlie White. They along with Tanith Belbin and Ben Agosto are the greatest ice dancers the U.S. has ever had. I still love figure skating, but I don't watch as much as much as I used to. These days it seems like it has been harder and harder to find skating on network television.

And that's our view. Who is your favorite skater?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.