I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 21, 2013

Golden Globes 2013

Me - Golden Globes, wow!  I am so excited. Yesterday was our Blogoversary. We have been doing this blog for two years. We really love it and we love and are grateful for our readers. We decided to celebrate and as a part of that celebration we are doing a post on the Golden Globes. We did our very  first post on the Golden Globes two years ago. This year the Golden Globes were hosted by Amy Pohler and Tina Fey. They were sort of funny, but they could have been funnier. I like when they pretended to be nominees. I think it would have been funnier if they actually pretended they won, but I knew they wouldn't do that. The other presenters were not memorable. None of the outfits people were wearing were every exciting. None of them were really bad though either. I hate it when the hosts always keep changing their outfits. On the whole, it wasn't very exciting, and I hadn't seen most of the shows and movies nominated for awards anyway.


Mom - The Golden Globes are kind of special to us. We started this blog exactly two years ago yesterday on January 20, 2010 with a blog about the Golden Globes. This year's Golden Globes were okay. Amy Pohler and Tina Fey were funny, certainly a lot funnier than Ricky Gervaise. I thought the banter between the presenters was pretty stupid for the most part. It was nice that the awards were kind of spread around and one show or movie didn't win all or most of the awards as happens at many of these awards shows particularly the Emmys. I was glad that Ben Affleck and Argo won awards` because I thought Argo was a really good movie. I haven't actually seen most of the other nominated movies yet. I did see Les Miserables, and I was disappointed. I did not think either Hugh Jackman or Russell Crowe was much of singer. I did not think Hugh Jackman deserved to win an award for his performance. Anne Hathaway was wonderful, however, and very deserving of her award. I actually saw a clip of Hugh Jackman singing in a different show and he sounded much better so maybe it was the fact that they did not pre-record the music for Les Miserables that made it sound as bad as it did. That didn't seem to be a problem for anyone else though because all the other voices (except Russell Crowe's) sounded fine. Of course, aside from who and what actually wins the awards it is fun to see what everyone is wearing. The fashions weren't particularly exciting this year. Nobody wore anything that outrageously bad but nobody really wore anything that really stood out in a good way either. Of course, one of the most interesting parts of the whole show was Jody Foster's speech when she pretty much admitted  what most people have known for a long time the fact that she is a lesbian without actually coming out and saying it. On the while though, the Golden Globes this year was entertaining, but not very memorable.


And that's our view. What do you think were the best movies and TV shows of 2012?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.