I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 25, 2015

Mom time and Dad time


Melia- Parents, wow! My Mom is one of my favorite people in the world. I am closer to her than to anyone else in my family. I like to hang out with my Mom. We talk and watch movies and do surveys and blog together. My Mom is my best buddy. We sometimes like to go to lunch and a movie together. Usually every year, we go to at least one Broadway show or concert together. We have seen Annie, Xanadu and two Glee concerts. I always enjoy Mom time. It is so much fun to be able to relax with someone you love. My Dad and I are not as close as my Mom and I. However, I do have fun with my Dad too, and I love him too. We like to watch How It's Made. We like to go  out to eat together. We used to like to go camping. Aurella came with us camping too. We like to act silly. My Dad likes to tease me and annoy me. He likes to stick his finger in my ear. I like to bake with my Dad. When I was little we took cooking class together. I also took lots of classes with my Mom when I was little like Let's Explore, and Gymboree and Storytime a the library. I love spending time with my Mom or my Dad, and I also, love spending time with them both together.


Mom - My Mom and I have definitely gotten closer since I have gotten older, and I got married and had kids of my own. When I was younger, I remember going shopping with her a lot. My girls and I still go shopping with her sometimes. In fact, I think Melia prefers going shopping with my Mom to going shopping with me. I also remember watching TV with Mom especially those made for TV movies. My Dad was always coming in  in the middle or at the end of the movie and asking a lot of questions. It used to drive my Mom crazy, but I didn't mind answering his questions. My Dad and I were very close when I was younger. We were in the community theater together. My Mom was in the community theater too, but she didn't act in the shows so she didn't have to be there as much until the end. Even when I wasn't in the show I always liked going to rehearsals a lot with my Dad and hanging around. We were always going to see other community's theater productions too. Whenever my Mom didn't want to go I went with my Dad. I can't tell you how many bad community theater productions I have seen over the years. Of course, not all of them were bad. In fact, some were very good. However, it would have to be an amazing once in a lifetime production to get me to see another production of some of the shows I have seen over and over again during those years, shows like Oliver or Fiddler on the Roof. My Dad was always the fun one. The one who played with us. My Mom was more serious. If you had a problem you needed to be solved, you would go to her. I have always been somewhat close to both of my parents I never went through a period in my life when I didn't want to associate with them.

And that's our view. What do you like to do with your parents or what do your kids like to do with you?

photo credits
photo credit 1: Cheesey Family via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: photo credit: Tiny Cowgirl via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: DSCF2359 via photopin (license)
photo credit 4: _7122584.JPG via photopin (license)



Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday..

No comments:

Post a Comment