I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, May 11, 2015

Let's Talk About Puzzles

Me - Puzzles, wow! I like doing puzzles. I especially like animal puzzles. When I was younger, I used to like the stupid little princess ones that had like 10 pieces. Now, I like the big hundred piece ones. Every time I do a puzzle, the first thing I do is separate the border pieces from the other pieces. First, I do the border. Then, I do the pieces on the inside. When I clean up the puzzle, I always try to keep some of the pieces together so that next time it will be easier. I don't do puzzles very often. I also like written puzzles like crossword puzzles. I like word searches. I like boggle. I like sudoku. My grandma taught me how to play when I was about 7 or 8. I don't do those kinds of puzzles very often either. I recently threw out all my puzzle books because most of them were too easy. I really enjoy puzzles even though I don't do them that much.
Mom - I don't much like jigsaw puzzles. I don't have the patience to sit there and do them when there are so many other things that I would rather be doing. Besides, you do all that work and then, you just break it all up again. Of course, you can glue a puzzle together and mount it on a board  or something after you finish it. Even so, how many puzzles are you going to do that with anyway? My brother always liked doing puzzles he had one in his house that he had done of New York with the Twin Towers in it. Now, it makes me feel nostalgic for the world that used to be before things got like they are now. My stepson used to like to do jigsaw puzzles too. I am not sure I actually remember him ever finishing one though.When it comes to puzzles, I prefer word puzzles to jigsaw puzzles. I like crossword puzzles. I like jumbles. I like cryptoquotes. I like word searches, but they are not as challenging as other types of word puzzles. I don't like sudoku. My Mom and Melia do them, but I don't. The only puzzles my Mom actually does are the sudokus. My Dad likes all the other word puzzles like me. I used to do the puzzles in the paper every day. Lately, I barely even have time to read the paper, but I still keep saving all the puzzles. I just keep thinking some day I'll get to it. Meanwhile, the pile just keeps gettting bigger and bigger.

And that's our view. What kind of puzzles do you like?

photo credits
photo credit 1: Lime Flower Puzzle via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: British Jumbo Cryptic Crossword Grid Filled via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment