I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, June 15, 2015

The 2015 Tony Awards


Me - The Tony Awards 2015, wow! Over all, the Tony Awards were okay. Somethings I liked, some I didn't.

Here is what I liked:
1) The number from Something Rotten. That was my favorite part of the show.
2) I liked when Christian Borle won a Tony. He was amazing in Something Rotten!
3) I liked when the boys from Jersey Boys sang.
4) I liked when somebody won an award and said in their speech that they'd like to thank everybody they every met.

Here is what I didn't like
1) Most of fashion. There was not one outfit that stood out.
2) Kristen Chenowith and Alan Cumming were not that good as hosts. I definitely prefer Neil Patrick Harris. He is my favorite host. He is the best award show host ever.
3) I didn't like that Something Rotten didn't win best musical and that it only won one award.

I wish the Tony's had been better. They didn't really live up to my expectations. Over all, they were just okay.

Mom- I was really excited to watch the 2015 Tony Awards because I had already seen two of the musicals nominated for Best Musical. I can't remember the last time I have seen any of the nominated shows before the Tonys probably not since the year Wicked was nominated. Overall, though I just thought this year's Tony Awards were okay.

Here is what I liked:
1) The musical numbers from the shows which as always was my favorite part.
My favorite musical number was "A Musical" from Something Rotten! a great song from a hilariously funny show that everyone should see.
2) I was so glad that Christian Borle won a Tony for his portrayal of Shakespeare in Something Rotten! He was really good in the show.
3) I was glad that Kelli O'Hara won. I don't think I have ever actually seen her in a show, but I know that she is a great actress, and she has been nominated many times before and never won. I had a feeling she was going to win this year even though a lot of people thought Chita Rivera would win.

Here is what I didn't like:
1) The hosts: Kristin Chenowith and Alan Cumming
They were okay no worse than Hugh Jackman but not as good as Neil Patrick Harris
2) The fashion which was kind of boring. I didn't really see anything that I especially liked.
3) During the In Memoriam segment, you could barely see the pictures of the people they were memorializing let alone read the names or anything else. Why bother having it if nobody can see it?

For Broadway it's been an awesome record-breaking season and for me too. So far in 2015, I have seen seven Broadway shows, the most I have ever seen in one year. I look forward to what this new season holds for Broadway and for me.

And that's our view. What did you like and dislike about the Tony Awards or what do you usually like and dislike about award shows in general?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: Intiman's Tony Award via photopin (license)



No comments:

Post a Comment