I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 27, 2015

Monthly Mash-up for July, 2015: Saved by the Bell and Summer Camp

Me - My topic for this month is Saved by the Bell. A few months ago I started  watching Saved by the Bell on Netflix. Now, I am hooked on it. I love it. Sometimes, it is a little bit childish and immature, but overall, I love it. It is funny. I love the characters of  Jessie and Slater. They are so cute together. He calls her Mama, and I just think that is so adorable. Every time. he calls her that my heart just melts. I am literally obsessed with Jessie and Slater. The problem with Saved By the Bell is that it is not very consistent. Something will happen then in the next episode it will be as if it hadn't happened. Season  1 was a completely different show called "Good Morning Miss Bliss" which may have been on Disney Channel. Season five and six have nothing to do with the rest of the show. Therefore, I would on only recommend seasons 2, 3 and 4. Within those three season, there are some inconsistencies, but overall  I think they are definitely worth watching.

Mom - My topic for this month  is summer camp. When I was little I used to go to summer camp, but I never really liked it. The only camp I went to that I sort of liked was a travel camp where we went to a different place every day. The only problem was that a few days a week we just went to a county park or something  like that to swim. That was kind of boring. The other days we usually went to pretty good places like the movies or Great Adventure or something. I also went to sleepover camp one year. I didn't like that too much either. My brother and sister both liked sleepaway camp a lot better than me especially my sister. My brother went for a few years, and my sister went even longer. I wish I would have gone on one of those teen tours where they travel all around the country. I have been to a lot of states, but I think maybe if I went on one of the those teen tours I would have been to a lot more. Melia loved day camp when she was little and they mostly swam and played and did art and stuff. When she got older, and they mostly played a lot of sports, she didn't like it as much. She also went to one year of sleepover camp and didn't like that either. Aurella never went to camp. She never really expressed a desire to. Now, we usually spend our summers doing a lot of fun activities as a family as much as possible.  I liked spending my summers  like that a lot more than I liked going to camp when I was a kid.