I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 30, 2015

Monthly Mash-up for November, 2015: Sleep and The Holiday Season

Me- My topic for this month is sleep. I love sleep. It feels good. What a nice feeling when you close your eyes, and your head hits the pillow. I also love the feeling when I wake up on weekends or in the summer, and I can just stay in bed. It feels so much nicer in the morning. It is easier to fall asleep when you have a comfortable bed and pillows. My bed is not always so comfortable. My friend got a new bed, and she was telling me how comfortable it is. I was so jealous. My pillow is not so comfortable either. It is so hard to find  a comfortable pillow. Even when you find one before long, it is uncomfortable. Even when the bed is comfortable, sometimes it's easier to fall asleep than others. If I have a lot on my mind, I have trouble sleeping. However, even when I don't have a lot on my mind, sometimes I have trouble sleeping. Having to get up earlier for school makes it even harder to fall asleep.  It's easiest to get out of bed on the first day of school and then it gets harder and harder as the school year goes on. It is also easier to get out of bed when it is not cold. Not getting so much sleep now makes me regret all the naps I didn't get as a little kid. I wish I could spend more of my time sleeping.

Mom: My topic for this month is the holiday season. The holiday season seems to get longer and longer all the time. It used to start on Thanksgiving. Then, they started taking out all the Christmas stuff after Halloween. This year it seems like most of the stores starting taking all their holiday stuff out before Halloween even came. At the rate things are going, I full expect that before you know it the holiday season will start on Valentine's Day. The longer holiday season doesn't make it better. It just makes things more commercial. I mean isn't the holiday season supposed to be about family and loving your fellow man and all that? Instead, it seems to be more and more about buying and getting. Also, if you've ever been in a crowded mall during the holiday season you know that just because its the holiday season doesn't necessarily make people kinder toward their fellow man. It has gotten a little better as far as shopping and crowded malls go since a lot of people started buying stuff on-line. However, I personally still don't like to set foot in the mall from Thanksgiving until after New Year's. Shopping on-line is much easier but that still doesn't make the pressure of trying to find the perfect gift for everyone any easier. In our family, we mostly just buy things for the kids. That is hard enough especially as they get older and are into less things and it becomes harder and harder to think of what to get everyone. All in all, the whole holiday season can be a lot of pressure, and sometimes, I am just as happy to see it go as I am to see it come. Sometimes I am even happier to see it go.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?