I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 9, 2015

What I Miss About Being Younger




Me - What I miss about younger, wow! I miss not having a lot of homework. I miss when everyone was friends with everyone else. I miss being little and just being able to go up to people and say will you be my friend. I miss not having responsibilities. I miss not knowing what is going on in the world and not having to worry about things. I miss not having so much peer pressure. I miss having more time to sleep. I miss not getting up before the sun is up. I miss having more spare time. I miss fighting less with my sister when we were both younger. I miss being more easy going.



Mom - I miss when summer days were actually carefree. I miss having less responsibility. I miss looking younger. I miss when having another birthday didn't make me feel so old.  I miss being able to recall things easier when I'm watching Jeopardy. Now, lots of times I know I know the answer but it just won't come to me. I miss the days when half the people I know didn't forget everything right away because their memories are not as good as they used to be and the other half didn't forget everything right away because they weren't listening in the first place. I miss when I liked what I saw when I looked in the mirror more than I do now. I miss the days when I didn't have to worry about what I eat so much. I miss having more of my life ahead of me and less of it behind me. I miss being young and innocent and not knowing enough to worry about certain things so much. I miss the days when work could actually be finished and I could actually finish everything I needed to to do in a day. I miss living in a more carefree less fearful pre 9/11 pre Sandy Hook school shootings world.  I think I miss that most of all.

And that's our view. What do you miss about being younger?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips or Tuesday.

photo credits:
photo credit 1: our girl via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Show Me Your Hands! via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: DSC00257 via photopin (license)
photo credit 4: Claudia 3 via photopin (license)
photo credit 5: Creativity via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment