I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 28, 2015

Monthly Mash-up December, 2015 Curling and Straightening Hair and The End of the Year 2015

Me - My topic for this month is curling and straightening hair. I straighten my hair almost every day. I wish I could have been born with naturally straight hair. When I was younger my hair was wavy and I used to want curly hair. Now, that I am older my hair got curly, and I wish it was not. Over the years, I have had several different curling irons and flat irons. None of the curling irons worked well at all. The flat irons worked but they took a long time. I recently got a new curling iron and flat iron. The new curling works really well. The new flat iron works nicely too. It is really annoying that I have to go through all that curling and/or straightening to have the hair I want every day!

Mom- My topic for this month is the end of the year 2015. This has been quite an up and down year not only for myself but for the US and the World at large. On the downside, there seemed to be mass shootings every week including but not limited to terrorist attacks both in the US and abroad. There were also numerous natural disasters around the country and the world as there seem to be every year. On the upside, the Pope visited the U.S. While this did not affect me directly because I am not a Catholic, I do have to say that even for me and other non-Catholics like myself, there is a lot to like about this Pope. Another highlight of the year was the birth of Princess Charlotte in England which definitely bumped up the cute factor of the royal family, I mean is there any cuter family than Will and Kate and their two adorable youngsters? For me personally, I would not say it was a great year, but it definitely wasn't as bad as it could have been. On the bright side, our blog has grown by leaps and bounds. As a result, we got to go to a lot of cool places including, amusement parks, museums and other places, and see a lot of great things including many shows on Broadway, Off-Broadway, and way off Broadway. I think for me personally the highlight of my year was that I got to see 18 Broadway shows some of which I loved, a lot of which I liked and very few of which I didn't like at all. All of the places we went and the things we saw this year, we have already talked about in one of our Where-To-Go Wednesday posts or we will be talking about in an upcoming Where-To-Go Wednesday in the coming year.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment