I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, March 10, 2016

New York City vs. New Jersey

Me - New York vs. New Jersey, wow! I love New York, but I also love New Jersey. In New York, I like that things are so close together and that you can walk almost everywhere. I also like that you can go to Broadways shows. I like that everything is bigger like all the stores. Almost everything has a second floor like Toys r Us and Build-a-Bear. I also like is that the TV show Friends, which is one of my favorite shows, took place. I don't actually even mind all the noise in New York City.  I don't like that I feel like there are a lot of bad scary people there. Even though, I would be okay living in an apartment, I would rather live in a house. In New Jersey, I like that there are houses and apartments. I also like that there is lots of room to play outside, and you can play outside right in front of your house. In New Jersey there are neighborhood pools that are not as crowded as city pools. Even though I like that you can walk places in New York, I like that in New Jersey you don't have to walk every place. So I guess what I am saying is that there are good and bad parts about both New York City and New Jersey.
Mom - It is not so much about New York vs. New Jersey for me, but it is more the city vs. the suburbs because even though we have a tendency to think about New York City and the five boroughs as being New York there is a lot more of New York outside of that. There are also parts of New Jersey that are cities, but in a lot of ways they are a lot different than New York City. New York City is full of life. I love that there is always something happening there any time of the night or day. However, I also hate that. I like that in the suburbs there is a time at night and early in the morning when it is actually usually quiet and peaceful. I like that that in New York you can order just about anything just about anytime of day and have it delivered quickly.  I like that in the suburbs my kids can play right in front of our own house instead of having to walk to the park. In fact, I like having my own house instead of having to live in a tiny apartment.  There are, of course bigger apartments but the bigger the apartment the more money you have to have to afford it In New York, it might be nice if kids have friends right in there own building, and they don't even have to go outside to see them especially when it is cold or snowy or rainy or something. I like that in New York, there is public transportation. I like that in New Jersey you don't have to pay and/or depend on bus and train schedules to go everywhere. There are so many good and bad things about both New York City and New Jersey that I wish I could afford to have a placet o live in both of them and spend some time in each. Unfortunately, I can't. It is a nice idea though.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Funtivity Friday.

Photo credits: 
photo credit 1: IMG_4884-2 via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Cape May NJ ~ The Pink House ~ Film Early 90's via photopin (license)