I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, April 25, 2016

Monthly Mash-up April, 2016 - My Guinea Pig and Comfortable Shoes

Me - My topic for this month is my guinea pig, Maisy. She is so tiny and cute. She squeaks so loud that I can't imagine that such a tiny thing has such a loud squeak. I keep all her stuff in my closet but she doesn't have that much. Every day, I check her cage to make sure she has food, water, and hay. Unfortunately, she has a tiny water bottle, and she likes to drink a lot so I have to fill it about a million times a day. I love to play with her. One thing that I love about her is that if I put her on my bed right away she'll walk over to me and curl up in my lap. Once every week, I clean out her cage by taking everything out, throwing out all the bedding and stuff, and then putting in new bedding and putting all her stuff back. Sometimes, she likes to flip her house over. Instead of going in through the door of her house sometimes she likes to crawl under the back. It is funny when she does that! Guinea pigs are really fun pets.

Mom - My topic for this month is comfortable shoes. I love shoes. I have many many pairs of them. However, the problem is I do not have one pair of shoes that stays comfortable for a long period of time, and that includes sneakers. Since I do a lot walking especially because of all the places we go to review for the blog, I would really like to have at least one really comfortable pair of walking shoes. I think part of the problem is that feet are not really the same size. One is always a little bigger than the other. If one shoe fits comfortably the other is too big. If the other shoe fits comfortably the other is too tight. I also wear flat shoes a lot which I don't think is really good for my feet. Plus, I have a bump on the back of my larger foot which has a tendency to rub against my shoes and become uncomfortable even if I am wearing socks. The most comfortable shoes I own are two pairs of Skechers. They are the same kind of shoe in different colors. The bottoms are super comfortable and the back is high but soft so they don't even bother the back of my foot too much. They problem is the pattern on the top of shoe presses really hard into my foot so after a while these shoes hurt too. And so, the search continues.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment