I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 4, 2016

Let's Talk About Fireworks

Me- When I was little, I was terrified of fireworks. I didn't like them because they were really loud.  I was afraid of all really loud noises. Now, I love fireworks. They are so pretty. I have never really seen fireworks on the 4th of July.  I have seen fireworks at baseball games, however. Once we went to a carnival. They had fireworks. They were really loud, and they seemed like the they were right over our heads. They kept going off for a long time. I was afraid of them. I wouldn't even go on the rides when they were going off. My Dad had to go with me. Now, that I like fireworks, I hope to I get them see them on the 4th of July sometime.
Mom - When I was little, I used to see fireworks on the 4th of July a lot. Sometimes. on the 4th of July, we would even get sparklers and other things. I never really liked holding sparklers I was afraid I would burn my fingers. A bunch of times,  I saw fireworks at baseball stadiums on the 4th of July. One year, I was on a business trip with my Dad and we saw fireworks over Candlestick Park, the old football and baseball stadium in San Francisco. Another time, I went to a Mets doubleheader on the 4th of July and even though the second game ended really late they still had fireworks. Another time, we went to a Yankee game during the day and then a minor league game at night. After the minor league game they had fireworks. I still see fireworks after baseball games sometimes. However. I don't remember the last time I went to a baseball game on the 4th of July or the last time I saw fireworks on the 4th of July.
And that's our view. What is your best memory of seeing fireworks?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits:
photo credit 1: Flag Day 2016 006 via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: makati fireworks 5 via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: Disney Fireworks! -1 via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment