I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 30, 2017

Monthly Mash-up for January, 2017 Dogs/Puppies and The Legacy of the Mary Tyler Moore show

*
Me - My topic for this month is dogs/puppies. I love puppies so much. They are adorable. I have always loved them. I have never owned a dog although I have always wanted to.  The closest I have ever come to having a dog is having a cat that acts like a dog and sits at the table waiting for scraps. Both my mom and dad had dogs when they were kids. I am jealous of that. My aunt has always had a dog. At least as long as I remember she has. When I was little she had a dog named Pumpkin. I had a really close bond with her. She was so cute and sweet and I miss her so so so much. Now my aunt has a boy dog and his name is Leo. I love him but I still really miss Pumpkin. Whenever I go to my aunt's house my sister, my cousin and I always go out and walk Leo. He has a tiny little jacket for the seasons winter and fall when it is cold. It is the cutest thing in the whole world.One time when me and my mom were in New York, we saw a dog with little shoes. It was weird to see but it was also really cute. I love when puppies look like stuffed animals it looks so so cute. Some of my favorite breeds of dogs/puppies are pugs, golden retrievers, dalmatians and many more too. Dogs are so cute and  fun to lay with and I really love them.




*Click here for more about Pugs. We do not receive compensation if you click on this link.

Mom - My topic for this month is the Mary Tyler Moore show. The death of Mary Tyler Moore has made me feel really nostalgic.  I remember watching the show with my grandmother when I was a kid. At the time, I was too young to know how groundbreaking the show was. I just knew how entertaining it was and how funny. What an amazing cast it had too! Not one of those actors just faded away into the woodwork after the series ended; they were  all just too good and too talented for that.   Despite the talent of the cast and the successful careers they went on to have following the show, none of them tried to move on to allegedly greener pastures during the run of the show. They all stayed with show until the end except for Valerie Harper and Cloris Leachman who left for spin-offs.  All of the shows actors went on to have long  and mostly successful careers after the show. Many of them appeared in other TV series like Loveboat (Gavin MacLeod) and Too Close for Comfort (Ted Knight). The latter might not have been as successful as some cast members follow-up series but even that show ran for several years. Some cast members even went on to two or more follow-up series like Betty White  who starred in both the Golden Girls and Hot in Cleveland. The Mary Tyler Moore show itself had three spin offs, Rhoda, Phyllis, and Lou Grant. Two of these shows ran for at least about five years themselves They don't make television like the Mary Tyler Moore show or shows with that caliber of a cast anymore.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday

Photo credits for dog photos:
photo credit 1: DaPuglet Boo The Pug Puppy Investigating via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: y.becart puppy via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: Alan Light Mary Tyler Moore via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment