I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Where-To-Go Wednesday - Eloise at the Plaza

What: Eloise at the Plaza


Where: The Plaza Hotel
            Fifth Avenue at Central Park South
            New York, NY

Who: All ages but especially girls from 2 to 8

Me - I like Eloise. She is silly. She's always getting into trouble. I liked the way she likes to repeat things three times like she is always saying  things like "I love love love..." When I was little I liked to read Eloise books. My favorite book was Eloise Takes A  Bawth. I love the character of Weenie, Eloise's dog. I also like the character of Skipperdee, Eloise's turtle. There are a bunch of Eloise cartoon videos. I used to like them when I was little. There is also a live action Eloise movie. I don't like that as much probably because I didn't find out about it until later when I was already getting too old for Eloise.  Eloise lives at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. Even though there isn't really an Eloise, there really is an Eloise store at the Plaza Hotel. I think it is really cool that there really is an Eloise store. The store is  really awesome and big. It is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. There are different rooms. One of the rooms even had the Eloise movie playing when we were there. There are even things that don't have to do with Eloise. There are little toys you can get, but they have a lot of Eloise stuff too. I got an Eloise notepad, and my Mom got an Eloise postcard when we were there. The postcard has Weenie, Skipperdee and Eloise on it. They also have really cute little clothes at the store. If I was still little, I would have begged my parents to buy me some because I used to love to play dress-up. Eloise at the Plaza is a great place to take a little girl so if you have a little girl I would really recommend taking her there. I'm sure she would really enjoy it.


 Mom - When Aurella was little, we used to love the Eloise books about a little girl who lives with her nanny in the Plaza Hotel in New York City, There really is a Plaza Hotel. However, there is no real Eloise living at the Plaza nor was there ever one. There is, however an Eloise suite at the hotel. The Eloise Suite has Eloise themed decor and bed sheets as well as Eloise books, DVDs, dolls and toys.There is even an adjoining Nanny Suite available at an additional cost. However, since rates for the Eloise suite start at $3, 043 a night, it is unaffordable for most people. For those of who cannot afford a night in the Eloise suite, there is Eloise at the Plaza. Eloise at the Plaza is a store but there is much more to it than that. There is a also a room where children can play and watch videos. When we were there an Eloise movie was playing, However, I am not sure if they always have Eloise movies playing. There is a room for tea parties, birthday parties and other events. You can either book the room for a private party or event or you can come to tea any Friday from 4:00 - 5:00 PM. Food and drinks are served at the party. Then, children are given the opportunity to write a letter to Eloise and hear an Eloise story. They will also get a favor bag and a gift card to the Eloise store.  Of course, there are also plenty of items for sale at Eloise at the Plaza since it is basically a store. There are clothes and toys and jewelry and lots of other things. Many of the items for sale are related to Eloise but not all of them. You can also find some things related to Paddington and other famous children's characters and things not directly related to any character at all. Any little girl that loves Eloise would enjoy a visit to Eloise at the Plaza, In fact any little girl that loves dolls and clothes and pretty things would probably enjoy it. For more information go to http://www.theplazany.com/eloise/#


And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Theater Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment