I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 21, 2017

Let's Talk About Clothing Shopping


Me - Clothing Shopping, wow! I like to go clothing shopping at the mall. My favorite store is Forever 21. I also like Charlotte Russe. I like H&M. I like Aeropostale but it is a way too expensive for me.It is not that big either.  I actually like most of the clothing stores at the mall. I also like some of the clothes in the department stores like Nordstroms and Sears. When I was younger the really popular store in the mall was Justice. However, now they like stores like Forever 21, Charlotte Russe and Aeropostale.

I love to buy all kinds of clothes except jeans and tights because I won't wear them. I also don't like shopping for underwear and socks but, of course, I do wear them. I love shopping for any kind of clothes but I especially  love wearing dresses. I am picky about pants.

I  love shopping for accessories too. I love hair accessories like headbands and bows. I love jewelry like earrings, bracelets, necklaces and rings. I'll wear any kind of jewelry except not pins. I am not really a pin person. I also love shoes. What would the world be without shoes? I'll tell you. People would have a lot more foot aches. I absolutely love clothing shopping!*

*The above is a guest post by older sister, Melia.

Mom - I like to go clothing shopping, but I hardly ever do it. When I do, I am usually shopping for my kids. Even though I am an adult, my wardrobe still mostly consists of things that I have been given by other people.  I mean don't get me wrong, I get a lot of nice clothes that way. However, sometimes it is nice to get brand-new things too.  I  do get a lot of brand new shoes, but I hardly ever get brand-new clothes.

I do love looking at clothes in the stores and on-line, however. I am not that particular about it either. I don't prefer a particular clothing line or a particular store or anything. Don't get me wrong, I am picky about what I like, and there are an awful lot of clothes out there that I don't like. However, I am not particular about where it comes from I am not partial to a particular stores or designers or anything. I like some expensive designer stuff that I could never afford as well as mass merchandised clothes. It just depends on the particular item of clothing.

I especially love dresses and things that are purple. Purple is my favorite color, and I can never have too much purple in my wardrobe. I have a lot of purple things. In fact, I have a lot of  clothes altogether. considering that most of my clothes come from other people, you would think that my wardrobe is small. However, that is not the case. I actually have quite a lot of clothes but that is because I usually keep my clothes for a very long time.  Even if money were no object and I could buy clothes all the time, I cannot see myself constantly getting rid of things and getting new things all the time.  Well actually, I can see myself constantly getting new things but not constantly getting rid of things. That seems so wasteful. Usually when I buy an item of clothing, I love it and I want to wear it a lot. I don't get sick of things so easily. Still, it is fun to fantasize about winning the lottery and getting a whole new wardrobe at once. Even then though, I cannot see myself getting rid of everything I own now, but maybe at least some of it.

And that's our view. Where do you like to shop for clothes?

photo credit: FXTC Paris Street 5 via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment