I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 28, 2017

Monthly Mash-up for August, 2017 Broadway and Summer Concerts

Me - My topic for this month is Broadway. I love Broadway! I especially like musicals because I like songs. I saw my first musical when I was 6. It was Godspell. I didn't like it that much because I didn't understand it. Also, I thought you had to give your playbill back so I just left it. I thought they were reusable. Then, when I was 8, I saw Annie, and I loved it. I have loved musicals ever since. As of now, I have seen 26 musicals including 8 so far this year alone. I will be seeing my 27th this Friday for my birthday. I  have really liked most of the shows I have seen. My favorites are School of Rock, Anastasia and Waitress. I love those shows! I don't think I have ever seen a show that I have really hated. I didn't like Amelie that much though although it had one really pretty song it. Also, American in Paris was just okay. The dancing was really good in American in Paris though. Recently,  I even got to go backstage at School of Rock and it was really cool! We went through the stage door. We got to go on stage and take pictures. It was so unbelievable! We didn't meet anybody in the cast or anything like that, but it was still one of the best days of my life!

Mom - My topic for this month is Summer Concerts. Before college, I had hardly ever gone to any concerts. When I graduated from college for a couple of years, I went to a lot of concerts and not only in the summer. Now, I don't go to that many. However, this summer I went to two, Lady Antebellum and United We Rock. Thanks to the Ticketmaster settlement for their deceptive fee practices back in the days when I used to go to a lot of concerts, I ended up with a lot of free ticket vouchers so my husband and I went to a couple of concerts. We went to this outdoor venue, and we had general admission seats on the lawn. It was a really nice way to spend a summer night sitting outside on a blanket and listening to music. Before, next summer I need to invest in a couple of those low chairs though. It gets very comfortable sitting right on the grass with only a blanket underneath you. The Lady Antebellum concert was my favorite. I really love them.  I think they are my favorite band right now. I had one of their CDs, and I got one for free when I ordered the concert tickets. After the concert, I ordered all their other CDs, I was able to get a good deal and get all 4 of them for only $20.00 from Amazon. The other concert was Don Felder from the Eagles, REO Speedwagon, and Styx. That one was kind of nostalgic because I saw a Styx concert back when I was going to a lot of concerts. I think Dennis De Young was still with the band then. I hope I get to go to more concerts next year. I do still have a lot of vouchers left, and they are only good through 2020 I believe. You can only use them on certain events though and those events always seem to be in the summer so I guess I'll just have to wait.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment