I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Tips for Tuesday - Books: Anna and the French Kiss and Mustaches for Maddie



Me- Today I am recommending Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Anna and the French Kiss is my favorite book. It has been since my favorite book since I read it for the first time four years ago. It is about a girl named Anna whose parents send her to a boarding school in Paris where she meets a boy named Etienne St. Clair. This book is really romantic and funny. Anna is a really relatable character. The relationships in this novel are developed very well and realistically. Also, the characters show a lot of growth from the beginning to the end. I cannot say enough good things about this novel.


Mom - Today I am recommending Mustaches for Maddie by Chad Morris and Shelly Brown. Maddie is a girl who loves mustaches. She is also a typical teenage girl trying to navigate her way through a school life ruled by a bossy mean girl. When it is discovered that Maddie has a tumor growing in her head, everything changes both around Maddie and within Maddie and much of it in surprising ways. This sweet and touching book is meant for middle grade readers. However, I would recommend it for anyone. Maddie is an amazing and inspiring heroine. Finding out  that this story is based on the true story of the authors' daughter only adds to the poignancy of this wonderful story.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Where-To-Go Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment