I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Theater Thursday - The Sound of Music

What: The Sound of Music Tour

Where: State Theatre New Jersey
             15 Livingston Ave.
             New Brunwick, NJ
            (Check the web-site at thesoundofmusicontour.com
             to see when and if the tour is coming to a city near you)
         
Who: All ages

When: December 23, 2017

Me- I love the Sound of Music. The Sound of Music is  a good show. I like everything about it. I love the story. I love the characters. I love the music.  Maria in this version of the show had a good singing voice. The singing in general was really good. Gretyl was so cute. She was so little. I don't remember her being so little in any of the other versions we've seen. The other kids were good too. The songs were in a different order than in the movie. I like them better in the movie. So the make more sense the way the are placed in the movie. In the show they sing the song "The Lonely Goatherd" during the thunderstorm are scared. In the movie, they sing "My Favorite Things." That makes more sense. The show, in general  had a lot of differences from the movie. Aside from some of  the songs being in different places, a lot of the dialogue was different. It seemed different than the life version that played on television a few years ago. I like the version that I am used to better. However, I still love The Sound of Music. I still would take any opportunity to see it.


Mom - I love The Sound of Music. It is my favorite movie of all time. It has great songs, fun, characters and an engaging story. The show is different in some ways than the movie. The changes that were made when it went from a show to a movie were good, like the placement of the songs in the story. When I saw a revivial of the show on Broadway, they had incorporated a lot of the improvements that were made in the movie including the placement of the songs. The live version of the show which ran on NBC a few years ago was more like the original version. The tour that is running now is even more like than original than that version. I don't necessarily thing that is a good thing. However there are still thinks to like about the current touring version of the show. It still has the same delightful story and the same great songs. The singing voices in this version of the show are beautiful. The kids are adorable especially the little one. The scenery is beautiful too especially that purple mountain backdrop. The costumes are nice especially those crazy kids playclothes that were supposed to have been made out the drapes in Maria's bedroom. There is a lot to like about the show. Besides, The Sound of Music is one of the most popular musicals of all time with good reason, and I would always recommend seeing it when you have the chance.

For more about the current touring version of The Sound of Music visit  the web-site mentioned above. For more about upcoming events at State Theatre New Jersey, visit www.stnj.org/events.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for Funtivity Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment